Join us for a day devoted to self love and connecting with your body. As many of you know, the #ReclaimBeauty project fights for the right every person has to feel beautiful and worthy EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And yet, too often, we are bogged down by images in the media, people around us, and most infamously "shoulds" and "supposed tos" we have absorbed from the world we live in. We are made to feel like we have to keep chasing some unattainable and unrealistic image and we find ourselves empty and depleted of any positive energy to keep moving forward.
The #ReclaimBeauty project is excited to be partnering with Nikki Cook*, a celebrated and talented yoga instructor, to provide a safe space in Madison where we can stop chasing and simply be. Be with our bodies. Be with ourselves. Be in a space where we can leave the mask at the door.
This is the first in what we hope will be a series of events focused on three main parts - self love, connection with our bodies and community connection. The event will run as follows:
- 10:00-10:45AM: Check-in And Connection
- We will be serving tea (from a SURPRISE local vendor to be revealed in March), have a variety of self love stations including a photo station, inspirational coloring book pages and a place to write a love letter to your body for the days when you feel most at odds with it.
- We will also have time for each of us to write a positive message or mantra on the mirrors before we start class so we have a grounding point to hold on to throughout the session
- 10:45AM-11:45AM: Yoga Class
- Mind-Body Yoga class taught by Nikki Cook - we will not only be leaning into our bodies but challenging us to connect both with our body and thoughts during this engaginng and approachable session designed for people of all abilities, identities, etc
- 11:45AM-12:30PM: Debrief
- Have some more tea, take some time to complete some of the other interactive activities and grab a seat for a large group debrief and discussion about the mind-body connection and what it means to truly feel and celebrate your body.
Attendees will go home with a swag bag filled with coupons and goodies from local vendors! Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Space is limited and seats are limited to the first 25 people who sign up so get your spot today!
*Nikki is a 500 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher and Community Partner with the Yoga and Body Image Coalition. She specializes in therapeutic yoga, trauma informed yoga and body positive yoga. Nikki believes yoga truly is a practice is that is for every body. She creates classes that allow you to meet yourself where you are, at any given moment, taking what you need from the practice. In Nikki’s classes you will find a welcoming, supportive community where you are encouraged and free to be your authentic self.