5-Senses Kit Community Connection Project
Be a part of the change in our community by helping us create and distribute 250 5-senses kits in the greater Madison area!
What is a 5-senses kit?
Our senses are really powerful & are easily activated when we are distressed and anxious. They are also powerful input sources to harness in managing our stress and anxiety through sensory grounding techniques. By putting together a kit with tools to soothe each of our 5 senses, we can actively work to bring ourselves down from high activation points and feel relaxed.
- Zippered Pouch
- Card with Information on kits, calming techniques, and resources
- Calming tool for each of the 5 senses - sight, sound, smell, touch, taste
- Taste: chapstick; gum; mints; ginger candies; tea sachet; cinnamon stick; jolly rancher, etc
- See: stickers or photos of vibrant colors, animals, etc; dried flowers, art magnets; guided meditation; coloring page; meditation; fortune tellers, etc
- Hear: sand or rice in small container; pop-it toy; little bell or chime, etc
- Smell: essential oils; perfumes; little candle; sachet of coffee or prepared cake mix; cotton balls in essential oil; etc
- Touch: stress ball; little stone; fidgets; bubbles; bubble wrap; slap bracelet; marble; etc
Learn More About Kits here
How Can You Help?
- Donate your old bags and pouches to be repurposed
- Purchase and donate any of the above items to be added into the pouches or pushes themselves
- Share photos or items that bring you joy that can be used in other bags to connect with others
- Take time to write mantras or positive affirmations on cards/strips to be added into the bags
- Make a monetary donation to be used for supplies, business cards and postage costs
Interested in being a part of the change? Contact Kyira Hauer at email@example.com today!
Download the Flyer to Help Spread The Word